As you can probably tell from the title these blissballs are inspired by carrot cake ;). They are soft, creamy and a must try for all the carrot lovers out there! Did you know that carrots are on Nr. 2 of the sweetest vegetables (after podded peas and before sweetpotatoes)? It’s not surprising that they are used in so many sweet recipes. So here is the recipe for these sweet treats:
- 250g carrots
- 80g walnuts
- 40g almond meal
- 12 deglet noor dates
- cinnamon, nutmeg
- 2tsp orange peel
- 70g quick oats (or oat flour)
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- shredded coconut
Basically all you have to do is blend all the ingredients. But you need a really good blender to blend it all at once.
Here is what I did to make it easier:
- Cut or grate the carrots into small pieces, blend them and fill it into a bowl.
- Blend the dates and the walnuts and add them to the bowl together with all ingredients except for the oats and the coconut.
- Blend everything with a handheld blender, then add the oats and blend again.
- Form little balls with your hands and roll them in shredded coconut or cover them in chocolate.