This nicecream combo really surprised me and I made it two days in a row because it was so good. So I thought I’d share it with you here. It’s super easy to make and has only 4 ingredients. You could also use spinach instead of kale if you don’t have it. Adding greens to your nicecream or smoothie is a good way to incorporate more greens into your diet without really tasting them. I think they even add a nice flavour that you wouldn’t associate with greens. Kale is among the most nutrient dense foods on the planet. Like other leafy greens it is loaded with vitamins, antioxidants and minerals which are important to build a strong immune system. They willl definitely boost the nutritional value of your smoothies.
- 5 ripe (spotty!) bananas
- 2 big leaves of kale
- 1tsp gingerbread spice
- 2tbsp sesame flour (or peanut flour, almond flour ..any nut flour)
- Cut the bananas into chunks, put them in a container and freeze them overnight (or for at least 8 hours)
- You can either freeze the kale as well or just use the fresh one.
- Let the bananas defrost for a few minutes and then put all the ingredients in your highspeed blender and blend until you have a smooth texture.
- Fill the nicecream into a bowl and top it with your favourite toppings. I added Cookie Dough Balls and cacao nibs this time.
Making nicecream for the first time? Here are more detailed instructions 🙂