I had a chai latte recently and thought why not turn it into an oatmeal? So this is exactly what I did today and I really love this oriental flavour in my oatmeal. I think warm apples suit really well but you can of course top it with what ever you want.
- 100g quick oats
- 300ml water
- 200ml oatmilk or any plantmilk
- 1 chai teabag
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tbsp protein powder of your choice (optional)
- 1 apple and some more cinnamon
- Fill milk and water in a pot and cook it together with the chai tea bag for about 10 minutes
- Cut the apple into pieces and add it to a pot with a little bit of water, cook it for a few minutes (depending on how soft you want it). Then add some cinnamon and set it aside.
- Take the teabag out of the milk and add all the remaining ingredients to the oatmeal and stir until you reach your preferred consistency
- Fill it into your bowl and add the cinnamon apples and other toppings of your choice
Feel free to tag me on Instagram @fitomatoes to show me your recreation. And let me know in the comments how you liked it 🙂