Did you know that oatmeal turns out a lot creamier if you soak the oats before cooking them? Quite obvious if you ask me, but I never thought about it before. Thank you @laurafruitfairy for the idea! And you can take it a step further if you add a teaspoon psyllium husks! But don’t use too much..cause then you might end up with slime! This oatmeal recipe accidentally turned out to be one of my all time favourites! Who doesn’t love the combo of chocolate and peanutbutter?? I used peanut flour because otherwise it might be too satisfying with this amount of oats. But you can use peanutbutter instead if you don’t have flour. And the portion is quite big because I only eat 2 big meals a day. You can use less of all the ingredients if it’s too much for you or share it with someone. And of course you can always add some vegan protein powder if you like. Here’s the recipe 🙂
- 120g quick oats
- 20g peanut flour or 1tbsp peanut butter
- 1tbsp cacao powder
- 1tsp maca powder
- 1tsp psyllium husks
- 1 ripe mashed banana
- 150ml oat milk
- 350ml water
- Fill all the ingredients in a pot and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. The longer you wait the creamier your oatmeal.
- Turn the heat on and cook your oatmeal until it’s thick and creamy. Stir constantly if you don’t want to burn it.
- If it’s too thick add more water or cook it longer if it’s too liquid. After about 5 minutes your oatmeal should be ready.
- Fill it into a bowl and add your favourite toppings. I recommend banana and peanutbutter! Enjoy 🙂
Please leave me a comment if you tried the recipe or tag me on Instagram @fitomatoes if you want to show me your recreation! 🙂