You can use this recipe for all kinds of different pancake flavours and just vary with the spices or fruits.
- 40g quick oats (or oat flour)
- 40g buckwheat (or buckwheat flour)
- 1tsp baking powder
- cinnamon and vanilla powder
- 1tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 small ripe banana
- 180ml water or plant milk
- Blend oats and buckwheat to flour with your highspeed blender (or use flour)
- Transfer it into a bowl and add baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla
- Blend the banana together with the water/plantmilk and apple cider vinegar and add it to the bowl (you can also mash the banana with a fork)
- Stir everything together
- Bake the pancakes on medium heat in a non-sticking pan (or use a little bit coconut oil)
- Flip them when you see bubbles on the top and they become dry
I like to blend buckwheat and oats myself just because it’s super easy and I don’t have to store an extra package of flour. But of course you can buy flour if you don’t have a blender.
I like using water to make the pancakes because I found that they don’t taste any different when you use plant milk. So why ‘wasting’ the milk on it 😉
If you want to get your pancakes perfectly round pour the batter into the pan with a cup and use a spoon to correct the shape.