Pumpkin is probably the most popular vegetable in autumn. The number of savoury and sweet recipes is endless and everyone loves it. So here is one of my favourite autumn breakfasts. This pumpkin oatmeal is quick and easy to make, creamy and sweet. I like the combination of pumpkin with the sweet banana and the slightly salty pumpkinseed protein. But you can also use a different protein or just leave it out.
- 130g pumpkin puree
- 1 ripe banana
- 200ml oat milk
- 300ml water
- 100g quick oats
- 1tsp turmeric
- 2tbsp pumpkinseed protein
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- The quickest way of making pumpkin puree ist to cut the pumpkin into small pieces or grate it. Fill it into a pot, add a little bit of water and cook it until it is soft. Just check every couple minutes to make sure it doesn’t burn. Add more water in case it is already evaporized. But don’t add too much water because it would be sad if you have to drain it later and wash away all the nutrients. If the pumpkin is soft blend it together with the little bit of water that is left in the pot.
- Either mash the banana with a fork or blend it together with the pumpkin puree.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and cook your oatmeal on medium heat while stirring. Continue until you reach your preferred consistency. Add more milk if it is too thick or keep cooking if you want it thicker.
- Fill it into your bowl and add your favourite toppings. Baked pumpkin, apple, cinnamon, banana and nutbutter suit pretty good 🙂
Feel free to tag me on Instagram @fitomatoes or leave a comment down below if you tried it!
What is your favourite pumpkin recipe? Let me know 🙂