These waffles are gluten-free, vegan, banana-free, fluffy and super easy to make! It’s a basic recipe so feel free to experiment with different flavours like matcha, cinnamon, gingerbread spice, cacao or what ever spices you like! I decided not to add sweetener to my waffles because I prefer topping them with fruits and adding maple syrup on top. But of course you can add coconut sugar, maple syrup or 1/2 mashed banana to the batter as well!
For waffles it’s important that the batter is not too liquid! It should be thicker than pancake batter. Just add more flour in case it’s too liquid, otherwise you would have to wait a lot longer until the waffles are done.
The batter makes 2 big or 6-7 small waffles, depending on how big your waffle iron is and how much batter you add per waffle.
- 60g buckwheat (flour)
- 60g oat (flour)
- 1tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2tsp pancakespice mix* or cinnamon
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 200ml water
- (coconut oil to grease the waffle iron)
- Blend oats and buckwheat to flour.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and then add water and apple cider vinegar and stir until your batter has a smooth texture.
- Preheat your waffle iron and let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Grease the waffle iron with a little bit coconut oil. You can skip this step if your waffle iron has a good non-stick surface!
- Add the batter onto the waffle iron, close it and wait at least 5 minutes (or longer, depends on your iron) until you open it for the first time! Otherwise the waffle might fall apart. Mine took about 7-9 minutes until they were ready.
- Stack them on a plate and top them with fresh fruit and maple syrup or what ever toppings you like!
- Enjoy 🙂
*Mit dem Code ‘justeva’ bekommt ihr das Pancake Spice ab einem Bestellwert von 20€ bei Justspices kostenlos dazu! (Affiliate Code)
Feel free to tag me on Instagram @fitomatoes if you try this recipe and leave a comment under the blogpost if you like it 🙂
Lots of love,