If you are like me and think that the vegan Ben & Jerry’s Icecream is too expensive then this recipe is for you! It’s not only a lot cheaper but also much healthier than the original and it tastes at least as good! If you don’t want to bake the cookies yourself you can just use oreos instead. But it’s pretty easy to make them yourself as well. And the homemade ones are free from palm oil. So let’s jump right into the recipe!
- 100g oats / oat flour
- 30g cacao powder
- 30g coconut oil
- 40g maple syrup
- 50g cashews
- 50g full fat coconutmilk
- 1tbsp agave syrup
- 1tbsp coconut flour
- 4-5 frozen bananas
- 2tbsp peanutbutter (made from 100% peanuts)
- 1/2 tsp seasalt (or use salted peanutbutter)
- rolling pin
- round cookie cutter
- silicone baking mat
- highspeed blender
- Soak the cashews in water for a few hours. (If you don’t have time to wait: pour boiling water over them or even boil them for a few minutes.)
- Blend the oats to flour and transfer it into a bowl. Add the cacao powder, stir it together and add the melted coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Stir until everything is well combined and then kneed the dough with your hands.
- Roll it out with a rolling pin (3-4mm thick) and cut out little cookies. Repeat until there’s no dough left.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C / 350°F.
- Place the cookies on a baking tray lined with baking paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake them for 10 minutes at 175°C / 350°F
- While the cookies are baking you can start preparing the filling.
- Drain the cashews and transfer them into your blender together with the coconut milk, agave syrup and coconut flour. Blend until it is nice and creamy. Feel free to add more coconut milk if it’s too thick or more coconut flour if it’s not thick enough.
- When the cookies are cooled down you can fill them. Leave 8-10 cookies without filling to blend them into the nicecream later (or not if you want the filling to be in your nicecream as well 😉 )
- Add the peanutbutter to a little bowl and stir it together with the seasalt.
- Blend your frozen bananas with a highspeed blender until they turned into creamy icecream. Then crumble 5-8 cookies (with or without filling) on top of the nicecream and blend for a few seconds (not too long because you want some crunchy pieces in there).
- Fill the nicecream into a bowl, fold some of the salted peanutbutter into it, drizzle some of it on top, crumble the leftover cookies (without filling) on top, add a few filled cookies and enjoy 🙂
Feel free to tag me on Instagram @fitomatoes if you try any of my recipes. And leave a comment on my blog if you like 🙂