Savoury Waffles!? Why not? They’re super easy to make with only a few ingredients and yet extremely delicious! You can make them for breakfast, lunch or dinner, how ever you like. And they’re perfect to takeaway for school, uni or work as well. I served mine with avocado, tomatoes, roasted chickpeas, basil and hempseeds. A Tahini dressing would fit perfectly but I ran out of tahini, so I’m gonna try that next time.
- 50g oats (oat flour)
- 50g buckwheat (buckwheat flour)
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 100g (frozen) green peas
- 150ml water
- 1/2tsp salt
- (tahini dressing: tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup)
- Blend the oats and buckweat to flour, fill it into a bowl and add the baking powder, salt & pepper.
- Defrost the peas (heat them up in a pot with a little bit water) and blend them together with the water and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the mixture to the bowl and stir everything together. Only stir until there are no lumps left, not too long because otherwise they won’t be as fluffy.
- Heat up you waffle iron, add a little bit coconut oil if necessary and fill the batter into it. Bake the waffles until they turn slightly brown on the outside. The time is different depending on which waffle iron you use. So be careful and watch the waffles. But don’t open the waffle iron before 5 minutes are over ..you don’t want to rip the waffles apart!
- While the waffles are baking you can prepare your toppings. Cut the tomatoes & avocado, fry the chickpeas in a pan together with spices like curry & herbs (works perfectly without oil) and mix the tahini dressing.
- Enjoy 🙂
Feel free to tag me on Instagram @fitomatoes if you try one of my recipes and I would be happy if you leave a comment 🙂