These raw caramel bites are one of my favourite treats! They’re quite easy to make with only a few ingredients, relatively healthy, refined sugar free, glutenfree (if you use glutenfree oats) and super delicious! You can store them in the freezer and take them out when ever you get a surprise visitor or simply crave something sweet. Just let them defrost for a couple minutes if you like them creamy or enjoy them cold for a nice summer treat.
- 100g oats (oat flour)
- 25g maple syrup
- 15g coconut oil
- 1-2tbsp water (optional)
- 200g (deglet noor) dates
- 20g coconut blossom syrup
- 30g cacao powder
- 30g coconut oil
- 30g maple syrup
- Blend the oats to flour and combine all ingredients for the base in a bowl.
- Stir and then kneed the dough with your hands. You can add some more water if it’s too dry.
- Line a tupperware container with parchment paper, spread the dough in it and press it down with your hands until it’s a relatively even surface.
- Fill the dates and coconut blossom syrup into a highspeed blender or food processer and blend until you have a smooth cream. Spread it on top of the base and be carefull not to damage the base layer. To make it easier you can also spread the caramel paste on a klling wrap, flip it on top of the base, press it down and then carefully remove the kling wrap.
- Combine all the ingredients for the chocolate layer in a bowl, stir until there are no lumps left and spread it on top of the caramel layer.
- Put the lid on the container and put it in the freezer for about an hour. Cut it into little squares (about 4×4 cm) and enjoy the caramel bites right away or put them back into the freezer until you serve them.
Feel free to tag me on Instagram @fitomatoes if you try one of my recipes and leave a comment if you like 🙂