Crêpes have always been my favourite food when I was a kid, filled with jam or nutella. Today I prefer them with fruit and a creamy filling or even savoury. This soy yogurt filling is one of my favourites, super simple and versatile because you can change the flavour every time. I used locust bean gum to thicken the yogurt and make it more creamy but you could use guar gum or psyllium husks (ground) as well. Of course I made the crêpes without egg and milk and used water but you could use plantmilk as well. The recipe is perfect for 2 people and you get about 6 small or 4 bigger crêpes.
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 50g spelt flour
- 20g coconut blossom sugar
- 20g corn starch / tapioka starch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1tbsp ground flaxseed
- a few drops vanilla essence / some vanilla bean paste
- 150ml plantmilk
- 200ml water
- (for the chocolate version add 1-2tbsp cacao powder)
- 500g unsweetened soy yogurt
- 2tsp locust bean gum
- 1tbsp maple syrup / coconut blossom sugar
- blue spirulina powder, beetroot powder, pink pitaya powder,
matcha powder, cinnamon or what ever flavour/colour you like
- fruits/berries of your choice
- date syrup
- Blend the buckwheat to flour and fill it into a bowl.
- Add the spelt flour, coconut blossom sugar, cinnamon, ground flaxseed and combine everything with a whisk.
- Add the water and flavdrops and stir until there are no lumps left.
- Preheat a non-sticking pan to medium heat (add a little bit coconut oil) and bake the crêpes. If the dough is too thick and it doesn’t spread in the pan very well, add a bit more water.
- You can prepare the filling while the pancakes are baking (but be careful not to burn them haha). Just blend all the ingredients (blending works best because the locust bean gum tends to create lumps if you stir it by hand).
- Fill the crêpes with the yogurt cream and top them with fruit and datesyrup.
- Enjoy 🙂