I love fall, especially because it’s pumpkin season! I’m basically adding pumpkin to all my recipes at the moment and what would be pumpkin season without pumpkin spice latte, right? Most of the time pumpkin spice latte only contains something like coffee, milk, sugar and pumpkinspice ..but I decided to add some pumpkin puree in order to live up to it’s name! It turned out super creamy and actually tasted like pumpkin. As always you can adjust the amounts of everything according to your own taste or switch ingredients if you don’t have them at home. In my opinion recipes are more like an inspiration ..no strict rules here! For example coconut blossom sugar can be switched with maple syrup or any other sweetener you have at home.
- 100-150g pumpkin puree
- 200ml oatmilk (or any plantmilk)
- 200ml water
- 1tbsp coconut blossom sugar
- 1tsp pumpkin spice
- 1-2tsp instant coffee (or 1 espresso)
- vegan whipped cream or soy milk faum (optional)
If you don’t have pumpkin spice you can easily make it yourself! I made a bigger batch that I have some for other pumpkin dishes as well:
- 2tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp ground nutmeg
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 1/2tsp ground cloves
- To make the pumpkin puree you simply have to peel (if it’s an hokkaido pumpkin you don’t have to peel it) and cut the pumpkin into small pieces. Add a little bit of water to a pot (about 1-2 cm), add the pumpkin, put the lid on and cook it on medium heat for about 15 mins until it’s soft. Drain it (but save the water, you can use it for a soup or add it to the pumpkin spice latte instead of adding fresh water) and blend the soft pumpkin pieces until you have a nice creamy puree.
- Add 100g of the pumkin puree and all the other ingredients to your blender and blend for a couple seconds until it’s nice and creamy.
- Taste it and add more pumpkin puree/sweetener or pumpkin spice depending on how you like it!
- Heat it up in a pot or in the microwave and top it off with vegan whipped cream or soy milk faum and sprinkle some pumpkin spice over it.