Somehow I’ve never baked speculoos cookies myself before. But it’s actually pretty easy! They just don’t have the typical speculoos shape. I think it doesn’t matter but if you like you could get a speculoos cookie mold or special rolling pin as well. I made them partly with wholemeal flour and white flour but you can use what ever flour you like! You can also use what ever sugar you like but I think coconut blossom sugar goes perfectly with the speculoos spice and it makes them a little healthier 😉
- 100g wholemeal spelt flour
- 150g spelt flour
- 1tbsp speculoos spice
- 100g vegan butter
- 100g coconut blossom sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 50-60ml plantmilk
- The vegan butter should have room temperature. Just take it out of the fridge about an hour before you start or put it in the microwave for a couple seconds.
- Fill all dry ingredients into a bowl and combine them.
- Add the vegan butter and combine everything with a hand mixer.
- Then add about 50-60ml plantmilk, depending on how dry the dough is and kneed it with your hands.
- Roll the dough out on a baking board together with some flour (about 4-5mm thick), cut the cookies out and place them on a baking tray with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and bake the speculoos cookies for about 12-15 minutes.
- Let them cool down and enjoy!