These donuts are super delicious, vegan, relatively healthy, oil-free and refined sugar-free (depending on which chocolate you use), soft, juicy and fluffy. Since they’re baked donuts you can bake them in muffin shape as well if you don’t have a donut mold, but the baking time could be different! You can use almonds instead of hazelnuts if you’re allergic or any other nuts you prefer. This recipe makes 12 donuts (diameter 2.9in /7.3cm).
- 150g ground hazelnuts
- 100g oat flour
- 100g spelt flour
- 30g corn starch
- 1/2 package (8g) baking powder
- 30g coconut blossom sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 2tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 banana
- 250ml water
- 40g chopped hazelnuts
- 100-150g dark vegan chocolate
- Fill all dry ingredients into a bowl and stir them together.
- Blend the banana together with the water until it’s nice and smooth and pour it into the bowl.
- Mix everything together either with a mixer, kitchen machine or by hand.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Fill the dough into your donut molds but make sure that you don’t fill them all the way to the top because the dough will rise!
- Bake the donuts for about 15-17 minutes at 180°C. Keep an eye on them because every oven is different!
- Let them cool down completely.
- Melt the chocolate in a hot water bath and roast the chopped hazelnuts in a pan on medium heat. Be careful not to burn them!
- Dip the donuts into the melted chocolate and sprinkle some of the roasted hazelnuts on top.
- Wait until the chocolate is dry and enjoy!