Chocolate-Hazelnut is always a winner combination, right? These pancakes are super fluffy and not too dry. You don’t taste the banana ..for everyone who doesn’t like it. As always you can adjust the amount of coconut blossom sugar to your own taste, depending on how sweet you like it! The batter should be nice and thick, not too liquid! Just spread it in the pan with a spoon. About 1cm thick is perfect to get extra fluffy pancakes. They will rise a bit more if you flip them. Of course you can use almonds or other nuts instead of hazelnuts if you’re allergic!
- 50g ground hazelnuts
- 70g oat flour
- 1 heaped tbsp corn starch / tapioka starch
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1-2tbsp coconut blossom sugar
- 1tbsp cacao powder
- 1tbsp ground flaxseed
- 40g banana
- 150ml water
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and stir them together.
- Blend the banana with the water and add it to the dry ingredients.
- Stir until everything is well combined but don’t overmix. The dough should be quite thick to get nice and fluffy pancakes.
- Preheat a (nonsticking) pan to medium heat and add the dough with a spoon. You can bake them without oil if you have a good pan. Otherwise add a little bit of coconut oil.
- Stack the pancakes on a plate and add your favourite toppings! I went for hazelnutbutter, hazelnuts and chocolate this time. You can add what ever you want.. melted chocolate, berries, fruits, soy yogurt and so on!