Semolina porridge is a perfect breakfast/lunch for cold or rainy days and a nice alternative to oatmeal 😉 Super creamy and filling even though it isn’t that calorie dense. So you can eat a lot of it haha. This recipe is usually for one person but you could also share it if you’re not that hungry or just want to have a quick snack.
I really like these basic recipes that you can adjust to your own taste or just have thousands of options to vary from day to day! This is one of them:
- 350ml plantmilk (I like using oatmilk)
- 250ml water
- 100g spelt semolina
- 2tbsp plant protein (optional)
- spices/fruits of your choice (like cinnamon, vanilla, cacao powder, peanut flour, matcha, berries, banana..
- sweetener of your choice (maple syrup, erythrit, coconut sugar, or leave it out)
- fill plantmilk and water in a pot and bring it to boil
- add the semolina, proteinpowder and the spices whlie stirring
- turn the heat off and keep stirring until it is thick and creamy
- fill it in your bowl and add your favourite toppings
Be creative with the flavours 🙂 In these ones I added cacao powder, blended raspberries, chocolate protein and the last one is plain.