These carrot cake pancakes are fruity fresh, not too heavy and super delicious. Perfect for spring or summer and Easter of course! They’re healthy, refined sugar free and oilfree. Of course you don’t have to bake them in bunny shape but that’s definitely a cute idea for kids or if you want to surprise someone!
- 100g carrots
- 50g ground almonds
- 20ml maple syrup
- 1tbsp lemon/orange peel
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp baking powder
- 20g corn/tapioka starch
- 40g oat flour
- 40g buckwheat flour
- 1tbsp ground flaxseeds/chiaseeds
- 200ml plantmilk
- Grate the carrots finely or chop them with a foodprocessor and fill them into a bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients except for the plantmilk and stir everything together.
- Add the plantmilk last and stir until everything is nicely combined.
- Then heat up your (non sticking) pan to medium heat, add some coconut oil if your pan needs it or bake the pancakes without oil.
- Add the batter to the pan with a spoon and flip them when they start becoming dry around the edge.